Day 9: 12/20/12
Making Reindeer food! Today we are making Reindeer food. This is something we do (I did get an alternative recipe on Pinterest) every year. We make a magical mixture for Santa's Reindeer to nibble on while Santa is having cookies and milk and leaving gifts under the tree. Dasher and Dancer get hungry too!
Here is our recipe...remember this isn't actually for eating (just had to throw that out there). You can really use anything you want. The secret is in the "Magic" ingredient.
1 cup Oats (any kind/brand will work)
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP "magic" sprinkles (This is what helps the reindeer fly!) I used Christmas cookie sprinkles that I have on hand - I let the kids pick which ones they want to put in their reindeer food.
Place in a ziplock baggie and shake all ingredients. On Christmas eve, before you go to bed, sprinkle the Reindeer food on the lawn. The reindeer will thank you for the snack!
Making Reindeer food! Today we are making Reindeer food. This is something we do (I did get an alternative recipe on Pinterest) every year. We make a magical mixture for Santa's Reindeer to nibble on while Santa is having cookies and milk and leaving gifts under the tree. Dasher and Dancer get hungry too!
Here is our recipe...remember this isn't actually for eating (just had to throw that out there). You can really use anything you want. The secret is in the "Magic" ingredient.
1 cup Oats (any kind/brand will work)
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP "magic" sprinkles (This is what helps the reindeer fly!) I used Christmas cookie sprinkles that I have on hand - I let the kids pick which ones they want to put in their reindeer food.
Place in a ziplock baggie and shake all ingredients. On Christmas eve, before you go to bed, sprinkle the Reindeer food on the lawn. The reindeer will thank you for the snack!


Comments